May 20, 2011

Everybody Loves Raymond

Grand Prix St. Raymond that is. Stage 1 was a nice rolling course but not selective enough to break our group up despite constant attacks from our team. Dave Onsow had some bad luck though, first time was when we were neutralized due to some other fields crossing the yellow line and Dave was stopped after having a 45sec advantage, then Dave attacked right at the restart, fuelled mostly by frustration, and managed to get another gap but then dropped his chain and came right back to the peloton. Then away again he was caught with 300m before the line. In the sprint I came 4th, I feel like I could of contended for the win but a little shoulder bumping and wheel hitting with about 150m to go delayed my chance to go all in on any kind of sprint. Stage 2 was going to be a much better course and we did as planned and destroyed the field. Yohan and I did a huge attack with 2 of 5 laps to go which was shortly after a break containing Dave came back. We caught the lone leader who was just up the road and dropped him after about 15 minutes then continued the last 45km swapping off and then finished 1 - 2 - 4 with Yohan and I besting the next best rider by almost 2 minutes. So the weekend proved very successful and I cannot wait to race in Quebec again, which just happens to be tomorrow, at the Gatineau Grand Prix.    

No comments:

Post a Comment